Environmental Choice New Zealand has been confirmed as one of the organisations presenting as part of the 2017 Auckland Build Expo’s seminar programme.
Environmental Choice General Manager Francesca Lipscombe will speak on the place and importance of ecolabels in the building industry, as part of a strong group of speakers on Sustainability – one of the two key themes at the Expo which run from 2-3 November at the Auckland Showgrounds in Epsom, Auckland. The other theme for the Expo is Digital Construction.
Francesca says the Building and Construction sector has a reasonably robust framework of standards around sustainability and environmental preferability, particularly in areas like steel, cement, insulation and paints. “But there is scope for more,” she says. “We can see definite scope in the areas of construction and demolition waste and it would great to see stronger policies around timber products.”
Other speakers in the Sustainability line-up are:
- New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC) Chief Executive Andrew Eagles on
“The coming revolution to buildings and homes”
- NZGBC Director of Market Transformation Sam Archer on “The New Zealand housing crisis – Why quality matters”
- Forest Stewardship Council Australia representative in NZ Cyrielle Durand who will aim to answer the question “How can I specify ethical timber?”
- Brewer Davidson Director Alec Couchman on “Passiv-Haus - a new eco-house built in Christchurch”
- Cement and Concrete Association of NZ Project Manager Ralf Kessel on “Concrete and Sustainability – Global developments to reduce carbon emissions from concrete production”
- Auckland Council Chief Sustainability Officer John Mauro whose presentation is entitled “Built to Last: Future-proofing Auckland”.
The event, which will also feature the Registered Master Builders Carters 2017 Apprentice of the Year competition, is expected to draw around 7000 attendees, including a number of Environmental Choice licensees.
Further details on the Expo can be found at www.aucklandbuildexpo.com